Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Fun

I decided today to have make some Easter traditions with Landon and Savannah. We started with coloring eggs. What did I learn? Well, I learned that Savannah wasn't quite ready for egg coloring. She thought the cups of dye were juice and she just wanted to drink them. She also wanted to eat the eggs... Landon on the other hand did a pretty good job and seemed to enjoy it.



In the end the eggs still turned out nicely and look beautiful on my kitchen table.


After the eggs we moved on to cupcakes. It was our second time making these and I love how cute they look. They're also so simple. I just used a boxed cake mix and icing. To create the Easter look use coconut flakes (dyed green with a few drops of green food coloring,) pastel colored sprinkles, and a chocolate egg for the top. 


Easter has always been a favorite day of mine. I have to be honest, I love the egg hunts, candy, and fun traditions. Maybe my favorite tradition is getting an Easter dress. I can't wait to dress the kids up tomorrow. However, the real reason for the celebration does not escape me. The other day Landon and I were working on memorizing his Bible verse for Cubbies. The verse was "He is risen!" Landon said "Mom...what's risen?" I started to explain and found myself stumbling a little...how strange it all must sound to a 4-year old! But when I was done giving my imperfect explanation Landon simply said "Oh! Okay." He accepted what I said without any doubt. Oh to have that childlike faith, right? To just believe without trying to reason it all out. I pray I will have more of that. He is risen!

No comments:

Post a Comment