Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Spring


I love spring. I love how everything is so green and how the sky is so blue. (Once the infamous humidity of East Tennessee summer hits we don't see so much of that!) I love how birds are chirping and flowers are blooming. I LOVE that the kids can play outside! It just seems like everything is fresh and new and it makes me feel refreshed and renewed.

Yesterday some crazy storms rocked much of the Southeast, Knoxville included. The wind was mean, the rain was torrential, and I can't remember ever seeing lightning that intense. When I woke this morning I could not believe the contrast in the weather! There was not any evidence in the sky but all I had to do was turn on the news to see that the storms took their toll on so many people. It destroyed homes, devastated towns, and took lives. So today as I say a prayer for those affected, I am especially grateful for the sunshine and for the fresh feelings that come with spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment