Friday, June 17, 2011

Impressions

I spent the last week in Asbury, West Virginia celebrating the home-going of my Papaw Taylor. There were moments of joy as well as sadness. Many of the images I saw stood out to me and begged me to stop and take them in. The following are just some impressions of the week...a way for me to remember the things that I thought and felt.

Things are out of place...physical reminders that you are gone...but also reminders that where you are, there is no need for lift chairs, wheel chairs, or walkers.


There are remnants of you everywhere...







We all find ways to remember you.



The kids are blissfully unaware of our grief. Landon often reminds me that you are in heaven.


The kindness of friends comes in many forms.




I know that I will see you every time I see your chair. This is last place I saw you. This is where I kissed your bald head goodbye for the last time...


There are smiles after tears. We have each other.



We will continue making memories...but oh, how we will miss you... Life truly does go on.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful~ What wonderful pictures so full of meaning and memories. I remember so well when I lost my grandpa. He was like a daddy to me. I still....20 years later...cry. When I see snow mobiles...the picture of your grandpa's workshop...see someone who looks like him...certain smells...all of these things bring him back in my mind. Thankful that you have a godly heritage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was a beautiful post. I like that you documented the things that reminded you of him. This will be a precious post to go back and look at from time to time. I know I will feel this way when I lose my precious grandparents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah absolutely beautiful - thanks for sharing your memories. I can tell that he was a great man and has left a great legacy for his family. Janine Haines

    ReplyDelete