Friday, June 3, 2011

Life is Messy...(and sometimes colorful!)


OPI nail polish: One of my favorite things! Since we sell them where I work (and I get them discounted!) I have a little bit of a fetish. They're gorgeous and have awesome names like My Chihuahua Bites and A Good Man-darin is Hard to Find! It's always exciting when we get new colors in. What can is say? I'm a girly-girl who likes to paint my toenails especially now that its flip flop season! Recently I started painting Savannah's toes as well. She gets so excited and she loves to just look at the bottles. I mean just look at them, they're so pretty! Unfortunately, this newfound interest led to recent disaster... I do keep my polishes put up, however, on this particular day I had purchased a new polish and it was in my purse... You can already see where I'm going with this.


She decided to paint her own... She missed.


This particular shade? Ate Berries in the Canaries. Unfortunately, Savannah wasn't in the Canaries. She was in my bedroom. And where, you ask, did she decide to beautify her little pigges?


On my bed. On my beautiful, creamy white quilt. Sigh... The truth is that I have had this particular bedspread on my bed for over 6 years now. It needs replaced but I have searched and searched without finding anything that I like! (Its hard being a person who isn't fond of change.) I can't even remember how many comforters, quilts, and coverlets I have bought, thrown on the bed, and said "Hmm...nope." Back to the store they go. I was able to get the majority of the nail polish out...or at least faded to a very pale pink. So for now I'm just going with it. It's just another reminder that life is messy. But how can I complain? I've got a little girly-girl in the making.


2 comments:

  1. Hey Leah - I'm enjoying reading your blog!! Good recipes! Have you check out pinterest yet? I'm all about blogs, but this is the latest internet sensation I think, and you'd probably like it. I'll try to find your email to send you an invite. Hope you're doing well!
    Bekah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post!! It's good to laugh at those little hilarious moments, though we don't usually laugh at the time!!

    ReplyDelete