Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Staycation


This year we aren't taking our usual family vacation to Florida. So in lieu of that, we are taking a summer "staycation." There are a lot of great things to do and see right here in our area. Many of our staycation days will be spent at Dollywood's Splash Country. Today was the first day of the season that we go to go and the kids loved it!


Landon was brave (which is a big deal for him because he has his mama's courage...) and he tried some bigger slides. At one point today he said to me "Mom, that slide was so fast I just couldn't believe it!" He also told Craig that his "heart was beating in his tummy!" I loved watching him splash around and play. Savannah did great as well. She is a dare-devil and I was afraid that she would be hard to keep up with, however she didn't care for being splashed, so this worked to my advantage keeping her a little bit closer to me.


It didn't keep her from trying new things though. She loved all of the slides!


It was a beautiful and HOT day. The water was perfect. I absolutely love the kids areas here.


And here is picture overload because I was snap-happy today and I couldn't decide what to post!





This is one mom who is SO glad that summertime is here...

No comments:

Post a Comment