Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Limeade


I went searching for a simple limeade recipe, well, because I still had limes from my centerpiece that were about to be past using. I'm going to keep this one short and sweet because there isn't much to it! If any of you decided to try the fruity floral arrangement (link) and you're like me, then you'll want to get the most bang for your buck and use all of those limes. I used them my salsa, in my mint mojito smoothies, and this is my final post using that particular bag of fruit. (I must say, they were well worth $2.99!) So here you go:

2 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
Boil water and sugar. Stir in lime juice. Chill. Garnish with mint or lime wedge and serve!

Aahh...instant summer refreshment. Wait, I shouldn't say instant...I should warn you that you will spend quite a bit of time squeezing limes to get a cup of juice! (I had no idea!) And this recipe only makes 4 servings. So if you want to make a large pitcher...you'll be doing even more squeezing. Maybe easier if you have a juicer, but I did it by hand. I think it would have been super cute to garnish with limes or to throw some in the pitcher, but alas, I used every last one for my drink and they were not pretty after I was done with them. Enjoy! Maybe I won't post about limes for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment