Friday, May 20, 2011

We Are Awana Cubbies...


...We're happy all day long, We know that Jesus loves us, That's why we sing this song! We hop and skip for Jesus, and we jump and shout for joy! Cause Jesus is a friend to us, He loves each girl and boy.

You know what's funny? I know that song, not because my son, Landon, just finished up his first year in Cubbies, but because I was in Cubbies and so much of what I learned stuck with me. It is my hope that Landon will retain the things he learned that way. It was so much fun to watch him memorize verses and talk about stories about Jesus. He also got to do it with his Ju-Ju (my mom) which was special for both of them. His program to celebrate the end of the year was Wednesday and he did so great getting up on stage (which I wasn't sure about!) He did, however, refuse to wear his vest one last time. I have never seen a little boy so pick about he is wearing, and that vest was a no-go all year. I did convince him to put it on afterward for a couple quick pictures. Although, you can see that he is smiling the biggest in the one where he is without it. Oh kids...


Well, regardless, I'm so proud of mine! Seeing Landon up on that stage got my wheels turning and I have been thinking a lot about how I only have one more year with him at home... Then it will be kindergarten graduations, then middle school, then high school... It's kind of overwhelming so I'll try to take it one day at a time for now. Speaking of graduations, tonight I will attend graduation at Grace Christian Academy to see a very special group of girls receive their diplomas. Four years ago when we first moved to Knoxville they were freshman and they were "my girls" for a couple of years as I was one of their small group leaders. I am so excited to see them all moving on to college and bigger dreams. Yet another reminder of how time marches on! Proud of them, proud of Landon, and thankful for the moments like these that we have to celebrate.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the invite. Your blog is great as are your pictures and ideas. --Libbie Gonzalez

    ReplyDelete