Monday, May 23, 2011

Mint Mojito ("Sneaky") Smoothie...


If you're kids are anything like mine, they can be picky at times. Even as an adult who isn't picky, I know I don't get enough green vegetables. So I'm going to share a recipe for a really great smoothie that has spinach as the main ingredient. Now I know half of you are tempted to stop reading right now, but trust me, this recipe is delicious! I first tried this smoothie at my friend, Jennifer Scoles' house. Dr. Jennifer is a chiropractor and she has shared several yummy, healthy recipes with me. She called it a "Hulk" smoothie to interest her little boy. When I looked it up online it was called a "Mint Mojito" smoothie because it has lime and mint in it as does the drink. (Bonus: I have lots of limes from my centerpiece last week!) Here is the recipe:

2 large handfuls spinach (Approximately 4 cups)
1 can white grape juice concentrate
1 whole banana (cut)
1 mint leaf
1 small wedge of lime with skin
4 cups of ice

Blend all ingredients until smooth. Water may need to be added if it is too thick, but these measurements made a perfect smoothie for me! (This makes about 3 to 4 servings.) It is definitely green...



Don't be afraid to try this even if you don't like spinach because, promise, you won't even taste it. If I can't convince you that its yummy, just take a look at these two very happy two-year-olds loving their spinach!

This is Hayden, he is a friend of ours who came over for a play-date today.

Savannah enjoying her smoothie. 

Now everybody is charged up and ready to play! (And have green faces...)


Hope that some of you will try it. If you do please post a comment to let me know what you think! 

2 comments:

  1. This smoothie is delicious!!! You're right about the spinach, if you hadn't told me it was in there, I never would have even known! Thank you for having us over today, we had a blast and your home is beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it! It was fun. Thanks for coming!!
    :)

    ReplyDelete