Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Salsa-licious


I love salsa. I really love fresh salsa! I have been getting a lot of positive feedback on my recipe posts, (I will try to keep them coming) so I wanted to share an awesome salsa recipe with you. I got this recipe from my sister, Meghan, who got it from a friend...You know its a good recipe when it gets passed around! I made it for the first time yesterday and its simple...you'll see I like to keep it that way in the kitchen. So here is what you will need:


32 oz canned diced tomatoes
1/4 onion chopped (use any kind you like!)


2 cloves garlic minced
1/2 bunch fresh cilantro chopped
2 jalapeƱo peppers (I seeded one and kept the seeds in the other for medium heat.)




1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
(Pinch sugar - to taste )
Squeeze of fresh lime (I added this because, well, I still have limes...)


Now throw it all into your blender and use the pulse button until all of the ingredients are well-mixed and you're done! It literally only took 15 minutes. I love using the canned tomatoes - what a time saver! I also used onions that were already chopped from the produce section at Walmart. (I hate chopping onions! Who doesn't?!) This recipe made enough for three small canning jars. I dressed a couple of them up to share with friends and then enjoyed the rest!


2 comments:

  1. Yummy!! I usually make salsas that only have salt as a seasoning in addition to the fresh stuff, but this looks really good!! Will have to try it this summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah!! Sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete