Monday, May 16, 2011

Magic Wand?


Just another curling iron? Or a magic wand...? I have always loved experimenting with my hair and trying out new styles so I recently purchased the Remington Pearl Ceramic Professional Curling Wand (on sale for a great price at Target!) I wanted to see if it would actually live up to its promise to deliver curls that were smoother and had a softer look than those created with a tradition curling iron. I was really excited to try it out. It looks much like a traditional curling iron, but you will notice that there is not a clip to hold hair in (thus it is like a professional tool.) The temperature can be adjusted up to 400 degrees and its pink, so its cute. It came with a glove so that you can wrap the hair around the wand without getting burned. I first clipped my hair up in sections because my hair is thick, then I got started.



I felt a bit awkward holding the iron down as instructed, but I got the hang of it after a while. The glove helps protect from the heat but it definitely isn't like an oven mitt, so look out! The curls came out more like a nice wave instead of a ringlet and I really liked the results. It took me quite a while to do though so this won't be an every day look. If you're not comfortable with a regular curling iron, you would probably get frustrated with this one as it is a little bit more difficult to manage. Overall though, I was very pleased with the outcome! I can't wait to experiment more with softer looks from lower temperatures and curling my hair in different directions. Its definitely an awesome styling tool in my opinion, and maybe, yes, somewhat like a magic wand.

No comments:

Post a Comment