Thursday, May 5, 2011

Super Easy Smoothie


Smoothies are one of my favorite snacks! This particular one is great because it only requires TWO ingredients and its low-calorie (170 per serving.) Plus, its so yum... Ready for your ingredient list? You will need frozen unsweetened strawberries and Chocolate Silk. I like the Almond Silk because I prefer the dark chocolate flavor, but you can use the original chocolate silk too.  Silk is a little pricey, but keep in mind that it has a much longer shelf life than actual milk. For a single 8 oz serving measure one cup of Silk, one cup of strawberries, and blend.



Another option is to add half of a banana which is also really good. I love the simplicity of this smoothie and it really does feel like an indulgence. Also, my kids love it, and I like that they will snack on something that's good for them. Enjoy!

2 comments: