Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Part Monkey



Does anyone else out there have a child that you're fairly certain is part monkey? Savannah is my climber. Landon was an easy baby. Wherever I put him was where he would stay. He played with toys, watched entire episodes of Baby Einstein, and loved riding in his stroller. Then God gave me Savannah. My Papaw refers to her as "Speed-racer" with good reason.  When we're around others I hear sharp intakes of breath and worried filled gasps while I just calmly observe her. I'm so used to her agility that I don't have a lot of fear for her. Savannah doesn't sit still and she doesn't walk much. She runs, she skips, she hops, and she CLIMBS. This spot on my bar counter in my kitchen is unfortunately one of her favorite places to chill.


To get to this spot she climbs up over the back of the couch and on to the counter. Recently she has also learned how to use the drawers on the cabinets below my counter in the kitchen like ladder rungs to climb up on that part of the counter! There isn't much that I can put out of her reach. I am not posting this to complain. I'll admit that it is challenging keeping up with her, but I share this because there are days when I feel like I'm the only one dealing with such a busy 2-year old. However, when I do get the opportunity to talk with other moms I hear similar stories and it makes me feel relieved..."Oh, so its not just us?" The bottom line is that Savannah has stolen my heart. She makes me crazy, but she makes me laugh, and I've got lots of great stories to tell. She may be monkey, but she's my little monkey and I wouldn't trade her for all of the bananas in the world...

3 comments:

  1. I have a 13.5 month old boy who I'm certain is at least 75% monkey. He climbs on everything and has since he was able to walk at 10 months... and he has the bumps and bruises to prove it!

    Keeps life interesting! You are not alone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely challenging but yes, it does keep life interesting. I like to hear that I'm not alone though. Thanks, Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness she is sooo adorable! Titus was a climber. He got out of his crib at like 18 months. I never gasp when he does anything either!

    ReplyDelete