Tuesday, January 17, 2012

(Almost) Too Cute to Eat


Over Christmas my sister and I made these absolutely adorable little penguin appetizers. I found these little guys on a blog that I follow and just fell in love with them. I thought I would share them because they would still make a cute snack for winter days. If you have kids who are not picky eaters then they will love these. 

I have recently adopted some new foods to the list of things I like. Black olives is one of those! I am always re-trying things that I did not like before because I know that my tastes change, and suddenly olives have started tasting really yummy to me - another reason this idea caught my eye! Here's what you need: One jar large pitted olives, one jar jumbo pitted olives, cream cheese, (I used the chives flavor just to add a little something extra) carrot chips, and toothpicks. Meghan helped me out with this because although its really simple it was a little bit time consuming!


To make the penguins, cut one jumbo olive in half lengthwise and stuff with cream cheese. Slide on toothpick and top with one whole large olive. For the feet, simply cut a V shape out of each carrot shape and put at bottom of the toothpick. Then, use the V as the penguins beak! (Stick on with cream cheese.)


We set these on our Christmas table for a pre-dinner snack. None of them were exactly the same. They weren't perfect. I just thought they were so fun, and they were yummy.
 

With the supplies we had, we could have made even more, but we stopped once the plate was full.


Thanks to my sister for helping me to create this fun winter snack!


No comments:

Post a Comment