Friday, January 13, 2012

Christmas at The Greenbrier


I am finally getting around to editing some of my pictures from Christmas, so I'm sure you will indulge me if for a few days I go back to Christmas and just share some pictures. These particular photos are from one evening spent at The Greenbrier Resort which is in the county where my extended family lives. I always love to meander around this beautiful, historic hotel and at Christmas time is is particularly gorgeous.


Our first stop is the toy store Fizzy's Land of Oz! (My Aunt Becky happens to manage some of the shops at the Greenbrier. She is a buyer for Fizzy's so she gets to research toys and decides what guests will see here!) My kids absolutely love to go in here. It is my favorite toy store too!





Our second stop is at the Chocolate shop. I loved the white chocolate Christmas tree, but I opted for a dipped strawberry - my favorite!



Christmas trees were everywhere you turned.

 

I love the decor in the hotel. Everything has such a grand feeling to it and the detail is amazing.




This was the gingerbread version of the hotel! My kids loved this and the working trains that circled it.




Love the ballrooms! Beautiful.





Not everyone can afford the opportunity to stay at The Greenbrier, but if you're ever passing through Greenbrier County in the beautiful state of West Virginia stop and visit! Guests are welcome to shop, dine, and explore its beauty and history.


No comments:

Post a Comment