Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sidewalk Chalk


Remember when you were a kid and there were certain things that were just so much fun...like play-dough, or finger-painting, or sidewalk chalk! My kids love sidewalk chalk. For me is an an easy way to get them to play outside for a solid 30 minutes and if I'm being honest, I enjoy it too! (The only thing I don't enjoy so much are the chalky footprints on my dark hardwood floors in the aftermath...gotta let the little things go sometimes, right?) So on occasion we break out our buckets of rainbow chalk and make our front sidewalk our canvas.


Here Landon and Savannah are coloring with our neighbor and good friend, Halle. As I mentioned above, I enjoy it too so I join in the fun. I've always like coloring! Although I'm not the most artistic person in the world, I can hold my own with simple drawings and my kids are impressed. Here is a sample of my beautiful chalk-work:


The kids artwork was much more abstract, but no less beautiful.


Thank goodness for simple pleasures in life, like sidewalk chalk.

No comments:

Post a Comment