Friday, July 22, 2011

Sweet Summertime...


You know it is mid-summer in Knoxville, Tennessee when you walk out the door and immediately feel the sensation that you're under water. It is hot and its humid. But I love love love this time of year... You know that feeling that you had when you were a kid and school was out and it was finally summer? I still kind of get that giddy feeling every year at the beginning of this season. So today, instead of being tempted to complain about the summer heat I decided to share you with you just a few of my favorite things about summertime...

Flip Flops 
Fireflies
Thunderstorms
Fresh berries
Shorts,tank tops, and sundresses
Splashing in the pool with my kids
The smell of rain on hot pavement
Floating on the lake
Backyard barbecues
Trips to see family and friends
Sunshine until almost bedtime
The sound of cicadas and katydids
An ice cold glass of sweet tea on a hot day
Fireworks
County Fairs
Watermelon



For these reasons and more, I will always love summertime. For this girl it  passes too quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment