Thursday, November 17, 2011

Savannah (Life is Messy...but sometimes cute!)


Savannah Mackenzie. Sitting there, smiling sweetly and looking like the picture of innocence. Don't be deceived. At that moment she is probably thinking about where she can find some markers, or if she should hide my phone (and change my contact list while she's at it.) Savannah is full of spunk and a little bit of mischief. Just a couple of weeks ago she decided to expand her portfolio of artwork in our hallway.


We had barely started the day! She wasn't even out of her pajamas yet. Look how proud she looks!



Terrible twos are a real thing. Savannah is strong-willed and we have to deal with meltdowns often. But the thing is that as mischievous and stubborn as she can be, she is also growing sweeter every day. She is at an age where she is starting to see the wonder in every day things like a dandelion. She gets extremely excited when I do over little things. My favorite moments are those when she climbs up and my lap and says "I love you." I smile just thinking about how affectionate she is.


Not to mention she is just so cute! She loves getting dressed up. Her boots are her favorite shoes.




Other than her boots she really loves wearing my shoes, especially high heels.



Although some days she drives me crazy, she is also the bright spot in my days! I love how much she's talking now and sometimes I have to laugh when a new sentence emerges from her mouth. Its just funny to hear my baby try to reason, saying things like "We can't have it now? We'll have it later, okay?" (Usually in reference to Halloween candy which she asks for multiple times a day.) She is growing up. This past week, she moved into her big girl bed. I'm really proud of her for staying in bed all night (phew) and doing so well although I could tell at first she wasn't sure if it was still her room.


I will post pictures of her new room in just a few days...its a work in progress. For now I have to wrap this up. Savannah's favorite time to be sneaky is when she knows I'm busy and I'm watching her open my kitchen cabinet and dip her finger in sugar as I speak. She may be a mess, but she has stolen my heart.


2 comments:

  1. FAVORITE post yet! Describes her to a tee. Need a good post of Landon now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this actually brought me to tears! this is so mia.. she can really test my patience and there are times out of nowhere where she gives me a big hug and a kiss and im like "where did that come from". they are such blessings even when they are being sneaky :)

    ReplyDelete