Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shorts All Year


I don't claim to be a trend-setter, nor am I a fashion expert by any means. However, I do love clothes and I like trying new trends! There was once a time when I would look at outfits in stores or on other people and think, "Wow, that's so cute...I could never pull that off." One day it just dawned on me that there was no reason I thought this way so I started trying things on that were a little bit out of my "comfort zone." (You know the one...jeans and simple solids.) I tried on clothes that I thought I would never wear and loved them! This is how I started to expand my wardrobe horizons. Its fun. It doesn't even have to involve shopping! Put together different outfits with the clothes you have. Mix unusual pieces, accessories, and colors. Play dress-up and see what ends up looking great! The most recent trend I kept seeing and loving on Pinterest was shorts with tights and cute boots. Why not? We wear skirts and dresses with tights! I love shorts an easy way to make your summer dress shorts work all year. So I pinned the look to my board and decided to go for it.


I am really loving all of the colors of fall. This mustard yellow is one of my favorites and I fell in love with these tights paired with simple muted tones. The pop of color is just enough.  I loved the look so much that  couple of weeks later I put together a second look with tights - this one just a bit more monochromatic. (The self portraits aren't the best but as you can see I had fun with some "fashion" presets in my editing software.)


So there you have my version of one of falls super cute trends. If you're thinking "I could never pull that off..." Try it! You might just be surprised.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you could wear a paper bag and still look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, why thank you Holly, but I probably won't try that one. ;)

    ReplyDelete