Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Trick or Treat



You all knew that this post was coming. What mom could resist posting pictures of her kids all dressed up in adorable costumes? Not this one - that's for sure! Aren't they just the cutest Peter Pan and Tinkerball you have ever seen? I am so proud of Landon for dressing up this year! He is funny about clothes and normally doesn't like to wear costumes or dress up clothes. While most kids are dying to get in costume and strut their stuff, he resists and protests. The first day I put it on him we had a lot of tears and pulling and tugging...but after a few minutes he began so realize that he made a very cool Peter Pan and he loved it after that! He was so excited to put it on last night and I was equally excited!



Landon had said from the beginning that he would be Peter Pan, Savannah, would be Tinkerbell, and I would be Wendy... I couldn't help myself because he seemed so excited about that idea. I found a dress that looked enough like a night-gown on clearance at the mall (I was cold enough as it was - I would have frozen in a paper thin nightgown!) I added Wendy's hair-do, a big bow, and tights like hers and this was my best home-made version of Wendy. (The quality of that photo is not good since it was taken on my phone but you get the idea.) It made my day when Landon said "Oh yeah, Mom, you look like Wendy."


The only part of his costume that Landon refused to wear was his hat. Enjoy these rare photos taken while he actually had it on. (So cute!)




After getting ready we headed to see Papa and Ju-Ju for what else - more pictures and videos!


The kids loved my mom's pumpkins! Savannah helped carve the one with the starry eyes.


Time to trick or treat! I love this tradition as much as my kids. They had a blast and got so much candy.






I hope that your Halloween was just as nice as ours. I had better get going to the gym because goodness knows I won't be able to resist this all day...


No comments:

Post a Comment