Friday, December 16, 2011

Home for Christmas - Brown Paper Packages


One of my favorite Christmas preparations is wrapping presents! I put a lot of thought into what kind of paper I want to use, if I want a crafty look or something more elegant, what kind of embellishments I will add...etc. This year I decided to go with a crafty and fun look using brown paper, polka-dots, and something with green and red for a traditional feel.


I ordered paper ribbon (which I am loving) and adorable labels from a company called Paper Jacks which I found on Etsy...via Pinterest. The ribbon looks so impressive but is super easy to use! I combined it with yarn just because I like a lot of extras on my presents...you know...to make it harder to open. (This is what my family thinks...I just like them to look awesome!)


Whenever I wrap presents I gather all my supplies and turn on a good Christmas movie or Christmas music. Although I'm being productive, its a good excuse to watch a whole movie in the middle of the day! White Christmas is my personal favorite. I also love The Polar Express.


I love going through gifts and deciding what paper to use, what box will be perfect, and wrapping it up!


I always use a sharpie to mark a small spot on the bottom of my presents just in case I forget what is inside. I learned this the hard way one year when I mixed up some gifts. I don't put labels on every single one if a person is receiving multiple gifts...which happens a lot since I tend to wrap everything separately!


I love the way they look once they're all tucked neatly under the tree. So...enjoy the next several pictures of nothing but wrapped packages...tied up with string...these are a few of my favorite things...








1 comment: