Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Home for Christmas - Polar Express


This week I am going to start a little Christmas series on my blog. Everything I post will be Christmas oriented. Decor, gift wrap, crafts, recipes, pictures...etc. I love this time of year...it doesn't last long enough for me! I'm going to start with one of the best things about Christmas - the wonder of a child. Landon has been so sweet this Christmas. He gets so excited about lights and decorations. The day I put my tree up he told me it was "the best day ever!" Last week he saw Santa Claus in the bathroom at Walmart. I asked him about it and he matter-of-factly told me, "He was just a man, mom, 'cause I didn't see any reindeer or a sleigh or anything." It just made sense to him. He asks me lots of questions about the North Pole like where it is and how you get there. It makes Christmas so much fun! Today I suggested that we build a train track around our Christmas tree and it absolutely thrilled him.


Of course it didn't end up being the perfectly circular track that I had pictured because Landon did it himself, but it is perfect in its own way. He has always loved trains and has several tracks and various engines from Thomas and Friends. He chose Percy to be our Christmas engine because he is green. Smart boy!


When all the track was ready and Percy's cars were all loaded up we sent him around the track over and over. It was a delight for me to watch the kids enjoy this so much!



I think Landon would have stayed right there and watched all day. Alas, we eventually had to give Percy's batteries a rest. What a simple thing that made today feel just a little bit more like Christmas...



No comments:

Post a Comment