Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Home for Christmas - My Front Porch


I want to invite you on a little tour of my house in its Christmas style! Today we'll start with the front porch. I haven't put any outside lights up this year on the house or the pine tree, but I still wanted to give the outside a festive touch! 


I have had these three little trees forever. They are a little bit worn out but I kind of like how they look scraggly. The sled is a new addition this year which I love. I always saw old steel runner sleds used as decor in magazines and catalogs but the new ones that look old are pricey. I got this one for $15 back in July at a small second-hand store in Lewisburg, WV while antique shopping with my sister and cousin.



Since I put my wreath on the sled (and idea I saw on Pinterest) I decided to get another wreath for my door. I was pining (very funny right?) for this real one that I saw at Kroger and I finally went and got it this week.


It is so pretty! I just love how the pine is all droopy and the green is perfect. Plus it smells wonderful. I wish I had another to hang inside somewhere just for the scent! I added this felt snowflake and jingle bell instead of a traditional ribbon for a pop of color.


I also grabbed this little red suitcase which is actually one of my photo props to use as decor. It was just an afterthought because I needed filler but I think it looks very "Christmasey." I always travel at Christmas time so suitcases are a part of this holiday for me!


Although I didn't do a lot of shopping or crafting for the front porch I think it is perfectly dressed up for the holiday! I especially love it at night time when my tree is twinkling through the front window.  Tomorrow I'll invite you inside and show you the rest of my trees...


1 comment:

  1. Your front porch is just adorable-so welcoming and homey! I love old sleds for decoration-we have some on a wall in our kitchen.

    ReplyDelete