Sunday, December 4, 2011

New Beginnings



I have been absent from my blog for far longer than I wanted to be. I find that when my heart is heavy, I have a hard time writing about cupcakes, decorations, even the funny antics of my kids (which have by no means diminished.) I want to be real. I want to say my heart is breaking. But who wants to read that? So instead of writing, I have taken a break. However, it is Christmastime and I want to get back to posting regularly so that I can share the many joys of this season with all of you! Before I do that, I am going to share with you what has made my heart so heavy. I am going to be real and I know those of you that take the time to read this are friends and family and you do so because you care. Thank you for that...

I have shared on this blog before about the church plant - Discovery Church - which Craig and I were actively involved in planting this past year. It hasn't just been a year though. It has been a journey of many years, planning, dreaming, and preparing for it. This idea was birthed with our friends, Brad and Julie Raby. Brad, who first felt the call to plant this church in Knoxville, has led us as senior pastor this year, however several weeks ago God began to plant a new dream in his heart. He often works in ways that we do not anticipate or fully understand... I must admit to my resistance to let go of what was "ours."

The circumstances and details are long, so rather than share all of them I will tell you that today marked our final day at Discovery Church. Brad and our little church family will be joining with another church in the area to begin a new chapter as a part of Northstar Church. Craig and I felt that God was leading us in a different direction. This is the reason for my heavy heart. Our path is dividing from people that we love and from a dream that we held dear. It is always painful to say goodbye and I have done it quite a bit in my life. Still...there are new things on the horizon to be excited about!

Craig will be going back to school in January - taking classes online via Liberty University to earn his Masters degree in Education. He hopes to be able to build a career teaching, coaching, and making an impact on students public schools! There is a lot of major life change involved as we shift gears and I truly appreciate your prayers.

Thank you to those of you who took the time to read this post, void of pictures and a little bit heavy. Although it is never easy to let go, it is time to press on...

3 comments:

  1. Will be praying for you and Craig! God has gifted you both with many talents and we always know that "every rejection is for our protection".

    As we know well - change is hard - there are time I know that God had to amputate me from a situation that I WOULD NOT LET GO! But it has been for the best!

    Prayers for your new direction! Craig will be an AWESOME teacher! and EXACTLY what kids in public schools need! And if he is ever in the market - Chris said they ALWAYS are looking for great teachers in China!!! haha your parents would kill me!

    Think of you all so often!

    Linda Harmon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't seem to blog when I am "down" about things either. I will be praying for you and Craig. The amazings things that God can do with change are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you dear friend! Praying God will lead you all as a family to where He wants you to be. I am sure you will have learned many lessons from planting a church..I know we did. We have moved on since then but, still look back and see how God was working in ways we didn't see then.

    ReplyDelete