Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Its the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...


Twas the night before Christmas (or our Christmas trip anyway...) and all through the house, I'm wrapping last minutes gifts, packing, trying to finish up some photo projects, cleaning, oh, and posting on my blog. It takes a lot of effort to get to this point, but at this time tomorrow I'll be laying down to sleep in my Nana's house, looking out the window at that beautiful pine tree decked with holiday lights and I'll know that its finally Christmas. There are so many things I love about Christmas...I wanted to share just a few my favorite things from the past few days.


Christmas cards! I have loved receiving so many cards this year from sweet friends and family. It is a tradition that I still keep myself. December is one of the few months of the year when I love to get the mail!


Snow... We had our first little snow in Knoxville this month! It didn't stick around for long, but it was just enough to make my kids giddy. I'm still holding out hope for snow in the mountains this week, but the forecast doesn't look good. Still, every year I pray and hope it snows for Christmas.


Making Christmas cookies! I have baked...


 ...and baked...


...and baked! Which reminds me of another things I really love. Christmas Parties! (One of the reasons I was baking...)


These are my girls from work. We had a great party here at my house. In case you're wondering where I'm at, I colored my hair. I thought I needed something with more of a winter feel.


Probably my favorite moment of December was just Sunday night...the night before Christmas at our house.


My babies slept...dreaming of Santa's sleigh...


While I got to play Santa. Setting everything out, filling stockings, tip-toeing quietly around the house...



Until everything is ready for our little Christmas morning...


It just doesn't get much better than messy Christmas morning hair, big smiles, and squeals of delight!




Merry Chirstmas to all, and to all...I have got to get to bed...so, goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment