Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fall Memory Trees


I'm always outnumbered during the day at my house, but there are days when I babysit and its three to one. I'll admit I'm not very good about doing crafts with the kids on these days...especially those that involve paint or glue! However, this past week I had the assistance of my sister and she shared this really simple but great seasonal craft idea with us! All you need is some sort of washable paint (we used poster paint), a brush of some kind, and some heavy paper.


Excited to do a craft! You may want a table cloth of some kind and clothes that can get messy. 


Choose your favorite fall colors for "leaves" and paint your child's entire palm with each color one at a time, washing up in between. (Lots of damp paper towels may be easier than running back and forth to the sink.)
 



After you paint their hand, simply press down on the paper where you want your fall foliage to be. Alternate hands and layer colors.


Once your leaves are complete add a trunk and you have a beautiful fall tree (and a wonderful memory to for mom to keep of those little hands!)


Landon insisted on adding some blue leaves...I figured it was his artwork, so I should let him be creative.


This is Ella, the little girl that i babysit.


I proudly displayed everyone's beautiful trees and covered my pretty for the day. What a simple but fun craft idea for fall. How quickly those little hands grow...



3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the look on Violet's face in the picture where you are painting her hand. Priceless. It cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the craft and photos! What camera are you shooting with if you don't mind me asking?

    ReplyDelete