Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins


One of my favorite fall flavors is definitely pumpkin! Pumpkins are full of anti-oxidants and vitamins so you can feel good about all those pumpkin treats you'll consume between now and Thanksgiving (at least we can tell ourselves that, right?) If you have never had the combination of pumpkin and chocolate that I highly recommend this recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin muffins.
Ingredients:
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3/4 cup pumpkin
1/4 cup water
1 and 1/2 cup flour
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 to 1 cup mini chocolate chips (to taste - I use the whole cup)
(Yields 1 dozen muffins - I often double the recipe so that I don't waste the extra pumpkin.)


Mix the eggs, oil, water, and pumpkin and beat together. Mix all dry ingredients and then combine with the pumpkin mixture. Stir until well-mixed and fold in chocolate chips. The minis seem to work best because they don't sink to the bottom of your muffin.


Spoon the beautiful orange batter into your muffin tin or cupcake liners and bake at 400 degrees for 20 to 24 minutes. These muffins are great for breakfast or a dessert. A perfect flavor the holiday season.


And speaking of the holidays...I was pinning Christmas ideas on Pinterest last night until far too late, and I browsed my Pottery Barn catalog again today. My mind is already whirling with holiday ideas. Just to give you fair warning - once Halloween is past I start to celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas as one big holiday so it may be the most wonderful time of the year early at Leah's Priceless Memories. Before that though, I have a lot of fun fall plans to cram into this last weekend in October. A trip to the pumpkin patch, Trick-or-treating with the kids, and finally my first Tennessee game this season. I'll update with lots of pictures next week! Love fall.

1 comment:

  1. I love anything pumpkin and these look delicious!! I will have to try them!

    ReplyDelete