Thursday, October 27, 2011

The Look For Less - Girls Night Out!


This post will be a two-for-one because I want to talk about another way to get a new "look for less" and I'm also going to share about another great place to go in Knoxville! Every few weeks some girlfriends of mine try to get together for a girls night out. This month I had a little bit of birthday money so I wanted to get something new to wear to our dinner but didn't want to spend more than $20. For my birthday, my cousin, Elizabeth, gave me this necklace. This is from her "La-Te-Da Libby" collection which she makes and sells. (If you're interested in looking at her work or ordering one of her pieces click this link.) I loved this necklace and I wanted to build an outfit around it. The most inexpensive way to put together a new outfit is to use pieces and accessories that are already in you closet and buy a dress to coordinate. This way you only need to buy one thing! I found the perfect fall dress at Forever 21 and came in under budge at $15.50!


Add what you have - cardigans are my solution to so many outfits! Buy a dress that is either very multi-colored or a simple solid. That way chances are good that you can match it with something that you have. Then add a great belt. If you don't have a great belt then add $4 to your total at Forever 21 - love all of their belts! Jewelry is key. Add your favorite accessories. Last but not least - a cute pair of shoes!


Boots were my choice but they great thing about a casual dress is that you can wear almost any kind of shoe...boots, flats, heals, etc. Be creative and have fun! I really felt like I had a whole new outfit and I loved it. All of the colors and textures were just right for fall. I got some self-portraits...once again my neighbors may think I'm crazy, but that's okay, I had fun.



So now that I had the perfect look, it was on to our girls night out. Every few months The Melting Pot actually hosts a girls night and offers great discounts on their four-course dinner.


You can sign up for emails to notify you when these will be held. If you've never been to The Melting Pot, I highly recommend it! Its really special and different. You get salad and three fondue courses: Cheese served with bread, veggies, and fruit; Meat and veggies with specialty sauces which you cook at your table in your fondue pot; and my favorite - dessert which is fruits, cheesecakes, brownies, etc with chocolate fondue!



I'm so thankful to be able to enjoy things like this! Good food, good friends, and great memories. I am blessed. Oh, and one more thing. Since The Melting Pot is a nice place, we were completely behaved and serious the entire evening... ;)


2 comments:

  1. love this post!! and of course my advertisement!! :) going to forever21 this weekend... watch out. haha love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you too! (And I really do love my necklace!)

    ReplyDelete