Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Eggs-stravaganza



Tomorrow is Easter! One of my favorite holidays. I'm starting to feel that I may say that about all of them. I do just love holidays. Anticipation, traditions, and time with family.


Coloring eggs has always been one of my favorite traditions. Though this week has been very busy, we made time to color eggs (twice.) I love it as much as the kids!


We gathered up some of our best friends - my niece and nephew, Brevin and Allie, and our neighbor, Ella. I filled mason jars with all kinds of beautifully dyed water (with lemon juice instead of vinegar to make the eggs more pastel.)


And the fun began!


Patience is the hardest part. Waiting on those eggs to turn just the right color takes lots of it!



After round two we moved our little eggs-travaganza in the house because it was getting pretty hot. (We have had such an unseasonable warm spring this year.)




Finally our eggs were finished and looked like perfect Easter colors to me!


 Happy Easter tomorrow! No matter what your traditions - getting dressed up, going to church, hunting for eggs, or eating a big dinner with family, remember the reason we celebrate! "He is not here (in the grave), He is risen...just as He said..." (Matthew 28:6a.)


No comments:

Post a Comment