Monday, April 30, 2012

Pinterest Style - Beachy Waves


I thought I would share with you a quick and super easy hair idea I picked up from Pinterest that requires no curling iron, no hairdryer, and not straightener. So its good for the health of your hair! When summer approaches I am all about giving my hair that "beachy" look. You know, natural looking waves that are perfectly styled by saltwater and sun...aaahhh. When you don't have those two ingredients you attempt to recreate the look with whatever means you can find. This is really an easy way that gave me great results!


First, after washing your hair, let it air dry until it is just slightly damp. (Yay for not having to use a hairdryer!) As you can see in this picture my hair is naturally a little bit wavy so I'm not sure what kind of results you will get if your hair is pin straight. What you want to do now is divide you hair into sections - I did six. Spray it with a styling spray or some hairspray. Then twist it (or braid it for a more crimpy look - I tried both and preferred how it looked when I twisted it.) Then coil each section in a small bun an secure with a bobby pin or hair band. Prepare to see me looking silly...


Once you get all of your hair in these coils, blow it dry with a hairdryer! I concentrated on each section until it got really hot then went to the next section and repeated this process several times. When you're done and you take your hair down just style it how you like! I loved the results... Enjoy a few pics of my new favorite summer hairstyle (the poor quality pictures are from my phone so forgive the grainy look!)





No comments:

Post a Comment