Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Free Supper Wednesday


I thought it was time for me to share one of my favorite things about Wednesdays. Free food at one of my favorite restaurants in our neighborhood - McAlister's Deli.  For those of you who have kids, they can eat free every Wednesday after 5:00 with the purchase of just one adult entree. Almost anything qualifies - I often get just a bowl of soup, but I especially love their sandwiches. (Veggie Club!)


If you're like us, you are busy on Wednesday evenings. I spend the day at home because I babysit, so I always have a long to do list. In the evening we take the kids to Awanas at my parents church so we have to get ready and get out the door at a certain time. My kids love McAlisters (or "the green place" as they call it because of the green sign.) Even Landon, my picky eater, is happy here. He orders peanut butter and jelly.


Kids meals come with a main dish, side or chips or applesauce, teddy grahams, and a drink! We love the sweet tea. Options for kids meal include pizza, sandwiches, salad, nachos, baked potato, etc.


We don't go every week, but we do go often and take advantage of this great deal. Tonight, for example, I took the kids. I ordered a bowl of soup and a drink. The three of us ate a full meal (with leftovers) for $5.12. I dare you to try to do that at McDonald's! You can't beat it. Last week my niece and nephew spent the night with us on Wednesday night so Craig and I took all four of the kids (up to two free kids meals with one adult entree) and really enjoyed the free meals, as well as great dinner companions.



 



If you live in Knoxville and you have kids then take advantage of this offer and make your mid-weeknight supper just a little bit more fun! If you don't live here in East Tennessee I suggest you check with your local McAlister's to see if they participate. Who doesn't love a good dinner at a great price!


No comments:

Post a Comment