Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A Day at the Beach


Monday was a particularly good day for me. It was my last day visiting my sister in North Carolina and we packed up and headed to the coast to Wrightsville Beach. Savannah had only seen the ocean once and she was just months old. She and Landon both loved it!




It was such a joy to me watching them take it all in...run and splash...play in the sand. Plus I got to share it with my sister and her family.


The part of the day that wasn't quite so picturesque was when we used the public beach access area to get cleaned up before going out to dinner. We pictured showers with changing stalls...a bathroom with a mirror... Unfortunately what we got were water hoses and water spickets that were outside and a bathroom that did not have a mirror or air conditioning! Try cleaning up two sand covered 2-year olds and a 4 year-old in these conditions! I actually wish that I had taken pictures at that point because they would have been quite comical. Oh well...we eventually made it to dinner, looking quite "beachy," and had a very nice seafood supper at this little oyster bar.



Then it was back to the beach for a few last snapshots (and more sand...)  Still, I loved every minute.














No comments:

Post a Comment