Wednesday, August 17, 2011

On My Mind...


There are so many things exploding in my mind right now its like a fireworks show. Really, if you could get in there for just one minute, you might be scared...or you might feel excited. That's what I'm feeling; a great mixture of both. Last night as I was trying to process the overload I thought to myself, what better way to sort it out than to blog about it a little bit. So buckle your seat-belt and hang on... Please note that the following are in no particular order! First of all, I am currently in the process of starting up not one, but two at-home-businesses. The first that I have already told my readers I was dreaming of is a little photography business. I say "little" because for now I'm going to be doing this "on the side." (This is on the side of my part-time jobs: babysitting and working as a tanning consultant at a nearby salon, and of course my family and ministry!) I have had so much fun behind my lens this summer and with at least 4 sessions coming up in the fall I decided it was time to try to make something out of this hobby. Look for a Facebook page and more details coming soon!


My second business venture is a repeat for me. I am now an independent beauty consultant for Mary Kay (and when I say that I hear "Take two!" in my mind.) I started this journey years ago...and I played around with it, had a lot of fun and earned a lot of free makeup and skincare products, but never really worked at it. This time around I plan to work hard, schedule parties, (I mean that isn't really work. Who doesn't love a party where you get to play with makeup!) and really teach women all the wonderful things I have learned about beauty from Mary Kay. I am not a salesperson. I am, however, a great teacher and pretty good with a makeup brush. I love to teach people how to take better care of their skin and have products on hand that can help them in the process. You will probably see more about this on my blog from time to time. I often think of all the time and money that we are willing to invest to gain material possessions. Think about it girls...your face is one of the few things that is yours for your whole life! We had better treat it well as we age. ...That brings me to another thing that has been on my mind...


In just a couple of months I will be...30. Yes, its true. I'm in the twilight of my 20's. On the one hand there is part of me that is really excited! I have a lot of things to be so proud of in my life and I love so much about it. I'm also looking forward to my birthday itself because my hubby is already planning an awesome birthday party that I'm super excited about. (I only told him all year long that he had to throw one (!), but he came up with an impressive idea.) But then on the other hand...its 30. There is something sobering about it. Not that I feel like I'm getting old, but, it is quite the reminder about the passage of time and how our life on earth is but a vapor. I want to make it beautiful.  While I'm on the subject of the passage of time I'll talk about my little guy.


Maybe I should say, my not so little guy! Landon is still months away from his January birthday but its already screaming at me...FIVE! This year will be his last year at home with me and I am already freaking out a little bit. At the same time, I have big plans for us. Lots of memory making and a new addition to our schedule -  some studying!


Landon is so smart and loves to learn. After Labor Day I plan on having a couple of "school" days with him a week to help prepare him for kindergarten. Goodness...I can't even say that word without tear-ing up so you all should start praying for me now. Lest you think I am forgetting that I will still have a little one at home with me, rest assured, I couldn't forgot my little monkey, Savannah. I have big plans for her too!


Just this week we bought her some "big girl" panties (My Little Pony, of course!) and I'm thinking about potty training... I say I'm "thinking" about it because I don't want to commit in case we start and I see that she isn't at all ready. I learned that lesson the hard way with Landon. I also have big plans to move Savannah out of her crib and design her new room. I'm sure there will be blog posts about this, but just to give you a little preview...there will be lots of pink involved!


Lastly, and definitely not the least important thing on my mind, is the fact that Discovery Church will be launching Discovery Student Ministry this fall! It's kind of like having a baby in a way. Craig and I have been talking about this and praying for this since we got married and before. Ten years is a long time to be pregnant! This is a dream come true for both of us and I can't wait to see what it will look like. More blog posts to come on this subject too!


Well, the ride is over...I hope I haven't exhausted you too much. There are so many things on the horizon, I just had to share the view with you, my friends, family, and faithful readers. Thanks so much for your prayers, love, and support!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome...so excited for you! If I lived in Knoxville, I'd so want to work with you in your photography side business! Not that I think I'm awesome, but because I could learn so much more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you did, Savannah! We could have so much fun together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are such an inspiration, Leah. I am sending lots of good mojo and prayers your way. I have no doubt that you will make the most and give your best to all of your new endeavors! Good luck and keep us all posted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you SO much, Holly! You are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete