Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Snack of the Day... (Secret Recipe!)


So I have confessed to you, my readers, my love affair with cheese. In this post I will share with you one of my favorite ways to eat cheese. This recipe is (to my knowledge) top secret. It was passed down to me by my Dad. I'm not really sure what inspired him to create this little snack, but he made it often for my sister and I when we were young and we both loved it! Before I go any further I should warn you, its a little bit odd...but you could become addicted. Ok, here's what you need...an american cheese single. Yes, that's it. We are going to make "Cheese-in-the-Microwave." (Fancy name, huh?) Here's what you do. Take your cheese and fold it. Fold it in half, then fold that half into two squares. Keep folding those squares until you have two tiny little stacks of cheese like so:


It is important to have this many layers (eight). If it isn't stacked high enough it will fall flat when you cook it. Cook it? Yes...into the microwave it goes. Keep it on the little plastic wrapper for easy cleanup. Set your microwave for about 45 seconds to one minute...


Cook time will vary depending on the microwave so you may have to experiment. Take a peak as it cooks. If it begins to get too brown, its burning (and that will make your house smell horrible...trust me.) If you don't let it cook long enough the cheese will stay too soft. Your snack should come out looking something like this:


They are crunchy, puffy, layers of cheese. A great snack for kids and grownups too. Come on...you know you're curious! Please share if you try this!


2 comments:

  1. one of my most fav things!!! mmmm ;) Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. The simplest snacks are always the best! My fave when I was little....mustard bread. Just a good ole slice of bread with mustard slapped on it! ha. Your is much more creative than mine ;)

    ReplyDelete