Wednesday, February 1, 2012

How Sweet It Is


One of the best things about February are the sweets that come with it. I've always felt that food is a wonderful gift...especially on the heels of Christmas when, lets be honest, most of us have just received all of the presents that were on our wishlist. So how about a mini sweets bar for your sweetie, best friend, family, or co-workers?


It looks pretty...and tastes good. I know I've mentioned it before but I love photographing food! I think I would truly love to be a food stylist...and yes that is a thing! What a fun job.


These parfaits are my own little creation and they are super yummy. I'll be blogging the recipe later this week, but for now I just wanted to make your mouth water.


And don't forget all of the forms that chocolate comes in! Hot chocolate is perfect in the chill of February (*even though the weather seems to be slightly confused right now...) To make a mug of hot chocolate extra special just add some of these adorable marshmallows which you can only get around Valentines Day!


Pile some of these in a mug full of cocoa and take it to someone special. (Or go ahead and enjoy it yourself!) Also, my kids (and I...) really love snacking on these too - and marshmallows are fat free so they must be healthy... (ha)


A sweets bar doesn't have to be elaborate. A couple of bakes goodies and candy looks elaborate.



Iced home-made sugar cookies are a simple classic. (I got the cookie cutters in the $1 spot at Target.)


I also made these cupcake bites which were really fun to make but definitely for special occasions as they are a little bit time-consuming. If you've ever made cake pops, this is the same concept.


Are they cute or what? I got the recipe and instructions for these on one of my favorite blogs - Bakerella. I thought instead of trying to explain it all myself I would just link you to her amazing site. To make these just follow this link (and be sure to check the rest of her goodies while you're there!)


Mine didn't turn out perfectly, but it was my first time, so its a learning process. They taste amazing!


Don't you love how everything changes with time? Even candy conversation hearts now include phrases like "Sup Babe?" and my new favorite - LOL. Love it.


Thank you so much for checking out this post. I know Valentines Day is a couple of weeks away, but I wanted to share early just in case anyone needed some inspiration.  To all of my blog readers, I love that you take the time to come to my site on a regular basis! I just want to say...


1 comment:

  1. and now i'm hungry... for sugar :) ...which is basically what i've lived off of this pregnancy :/ I'm going to be a house by the time my maternity pics roll around!

    ReplyDelete