Tuesday, February 21, 2012

We are!...We are!


I couldn't resist posting about Savannah's most recent interest. She has always been such an active little girl - running, jumping, and she can make loud noise with the best of them. Why would it surprise me when she took an extreme interest in cheerleaders! After seeing them at a few of the high school basketball games, she was hooked.


My mom made her some adorable pink and white pom-poms. Today I searched for a cheerleading uniform that was put away in storage and it has absolutely made her day. She has been cheering all morning and I just had to grab my camera.


She begs to watch videos of cheerleaders online -  insisting that they wear orange. Her favorite chants are "Go Big Orange" and "We are! We are!" (I'm trying to help her with that one...she leaves out the team and just repeats "We are" over and over...)


The girl has never been one to watch tv, but pull up You Tube videos of UT cheerleaders and she is mesmerized. All of her "moves" are self-taught. I have had a blast watching her this morning. It is just so much fun to watch your children develop their own interests even though they sometimes fade in a week or two. For now if you were to walk by our house you might just hear us..."Lets Go UT!"


3 comments:

  1. I half expected to see some old pictures of our "cheerleading" days in our jean skirts and white shirts. We were sooo cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, we totally were. We were "red hot" (r-e-d, how ya' spell it now...) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. plleeease don't ever post those! She is so cute! Love these pics :)
    Meg

    ReplyDelete