Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Looks to Love


Happy Valentines Day to all! I think Valentines Day was so much fun when you were in grade school. You know when you made your box, dressed in pink or red, and anxiously awaited the Valentine party and card exchange at school! I am spending this Valentines day at home with two of my favorite Valentines - my kiddos! But I often think about what I would wear if I were still working or out and about. I've been reading a lot of style blogs lately trying to glean inspiration. My favorite is Kendi Everyday because she puts together really cute looks but she remixes a lot (instead of constantly buying new outfits) and she wears both designer clothes and pieces from Target or Old Navy! So today I decided to have some fun and just put together a couple of outfits that I would wear for Valentines day. This first one is my funky/fun outfit.


I love how tu-tus are becoming commonly accepted for all ages! This one came from Forever 21 for $10. Oh and just so you know, all of these items were things I already had in my closet but have never put together before. I didn't but purchase anything new. Also, I don't think any item that I'm wearing in this entire post cost more than $15 (except for my tennis shoes in the last shot.) After my fun outfit I put together something more dressy.


Simple black dress and classic color of love to accent - red! The red flats are probably my favorite accessory but belts are jewelry can really make an outfit complete.  Well, I am definitely not a fashionista, but I had a lot of fun with this post. Truth be told, my Valentines outfit will actually be my workout clothes. But I made sure it was festive too. Hope you have a day full of good things. Remember its not about chocolate or flowers, lets just try to show a little extra love!




No comments:

Post a Comment