Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl in Sweats


Super Bowl Sunday...I was trying to recall, I believe its been about 5 years since the last time I went to a Super Bowl party. Sounds about right since Landon is five years old! When you have kids if you actually want to watch the game (or the commercials...you know) you stay home where they have their toys, their rooms, their beds. That's where my kids are as I type this post and take in the second half of Super Bowl XLVI. I've gotta admit, I'm pretty content to be taking it in in my favorite pair of sweats and a t-shirt! The kids did get to see some of the game.


Savannah loved the National Anthem and always likes cheerleaders! Landon picks the Patriots to win. One special super bowl memory of mine is Landon's first... He came home from his 11 day hospital stay the day before the Super Bowl! Whenever this day rolls around I always recall that year when not only were the Colts playing, but I also got to spend it cuddling my baby boy for the first time at home.


I did, of course make some special snacks for the occasion. I thought I would share those with you as both were really good and worth trying. The first was a Pinterest discovery, and this was my first time making it.


Sausage and Pepperoni Pizza Puffs. I love using my Kindle to view recipes when I'm trying something I found online.


These puffs were really yummy and not difficult to make. You'll need a mini-muffin pan. I didn't have one but found one for only $4 at Walmart. I've been wanting one to make some mini-cupcakes anyway!


You use mini pepperoni for the recipe. Are they cute or what? Why is everything cute when its small?


Its a lot like a pizza muffin mix! And the results are great. Serve them with some warmed pizza sauce - great appetizer for a party or just for a family night. You can find the recipe here at "Plain Chicken."


The Buffalo Chicken Dip seemed to be a popular choice this year! I love all things Buffalo and this recipe is delicious!


I am going to link the recipe, but you should know I tweaked it just a little bit. Instead of ranch dressing I used Blue Cheese (you've just gotta with Buffalo!) I also added some fresh celery. I wish I had put even more in the dip. I loved that addition.  Also, I would have preferred to use rotisserie chicken. I think the flavor would be better. However, Walmart's Deli was out of them by the time I got there today.


My only complaint is that the recipe wasn't spicy enough for me. I would probably prefer more hot sauce. For those of  you who like it mild - you'll really enjoy this version of the dip!  You can find the recipe here from Taste of Home.


I also made a pecan apple dip for dessert, but it was just a mix that I had. (That is my finished pottery that I made, by the way! Isn't it pretty with the color and glaze?)


I was happy with my snacks, happy in my sweats, and over-all content to be watching this Super Bowl while blogging away.


One more thing before I go! A link to my favorite Super Bowl commercial (I think its adorable and hilarious!) I have a little boy who really enjoys this as well. Even if you saw it tonight, its worth watching again. Happy Sunday. Hope yours was super!


No comments:

Post a Comment