Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Simple Valentines Decor


Nearly every girl likes hearts. We start doodling them on our homework in elementary, we put them next to our name in high school, and we post them on Facebook status updates no matter how old we are. Valentines Day is the perfect time to use hearts in your home decor. I wasn't actually planning on re-doing my mantel since my winter snowflakes have only been up for about a month, but then my sister sent me a picture of her Valentines mantel, and I changed my mind. Here is her mantel - I love her window!


It has been an exceptionally mild January anyway, so I wasn't really feeling the snowflakes anyway. I decided to make another burlap pennant because this project is so simple but looks so good! Plus, I plan to use it for photo sessions with couples, so I'll get a lot of use out of it after using it on my mantel!


I added a small string of heart shaped lights and two red candle lanterns. All of these items are from the dollar spot at Target - love it!  I also added some heart picks to my arrangement.




I love them. I'm also in love with the lighted sticks which were an after Christmas clearance find.



I made my coordinating burlap place-mat as well since I had lots of burlap and its just so easy to work with.



I love stencils! It looks so good, but its truly so simple.


I spray painted some chipboard letters - we're talking 75 at Hobby Lobby and I love them! I plan to use these for photo sessions as well, so my Valentines decor is turning out to be really functional.


I attempted to make a no-sew pillow case for my couch...however...I wasn't thrilled with it so it got demoted to the front porch. It looks perfectly fine out there.


I hope you've enjoyed this little tour of my Valentine's decor! I would love to see yours! Upload a picture to my Facebook wall if you would like to share. 


No comments:

Post a Comment