Monday, September 5, 2011

Breakfast for Supper


Normally Labor Day would be a day for swimming, being out on the lake, soaking up the end of summer, and a good barbecue. However, today...it rained...


...and it rained...and it rained. Not that I'm complaining. It was desperately needed! It didn't really rain in August! Our pour grass and plants were all so thirsty. My closets needed cleaned out too (I have a hard time doing those kind of tasks on warm sunny days!) So today my yard got a drink, and my closet got cleaned (one down, three to go...)  Instead of something on the grill it seemed like the perfect day to have breakfast for supper. This is one of our favorite things.


Chocolate chip pancakes for supper? Its like having dessert and dinner in one and who wouldn't love that! (I bought this mix for just $3 at Cracker Barrel and they were delicious!)




Add some bacon and a tall glass of milk and you've got comfort food like no other on this dreary day.


Breakfast in lieu of a barbecue was a hit tonight at our house as you can see! 



Happy Labor Day. I hope that yours was just as sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment