Monday, September 26, 2011

Welcome to Fall


Welcome to fall at my house. Allow me to take you on a little tour. My first small project was the front porch. I got this little bench from my mom. She purchased it at an estate sale for just 50 cents. I painted it black and decided to use it to make my own little pumpkin patch.


My wreath on the front door was something new that I made for this year. Grapevine wreath (extremely inexpensive) and rosettes made out of burlap and remnants of material. Simple but I love it.




Come on inside and imagine that it smells like pumpkin spice, Chex mix, hot apple cider, and all of the wonderful things that fall smells like.


I am thrilled with how my mantel turned out. I wanted to do something really different this year. I went with the creamy white pumpkins (remember those bright orange dollar tree cheapies?) and who could forget the leopard candle pillars?


I think they turned out quite nicely! I love them. The white pitcher is a loaner from my mom. I love all the white and how it makes the orange in my garland pop. The garland was my one splurge item and even with it the entire look on my mantel cost less than $20. My favorite addition is my "Thankful" banner.  This idea came from Pinterest. I used burlap (which is very budget friendly) to make the pennants and an acrylic paint to stencil the letters. I debated putting it up closer to Thanksgiving but I need the reminder now as much as ever. I have much to be thankful for!


I have pumpkins everywhere. Standing alone, in groups, on pillars, in bowls... I had fun trying to think of creative ways to display them.




I had plenty of burlap so I decided to make a place-mat for my kitchen table to tie my theme into the kitchen.  I love think it turned out perfectly.


My centerpiece is a mix of random fall items and my candles. These cylinders also cost $1. Who says decorating has to be expensive? I think they look beautiful.






I added a splash of fall to my light fixture and found myself wishing it had a darker more worn look. I wonder how hard that would be to change... For now it is just fine. (If you look closely in the picture below you'll see I stood on my kitchen counter to take it...that may give you a good laugh. How funny I must look sometimes when I'm working on a blog post!)


Even my soap gets seasonally swapped out and I don't feel funny about posting that because based on the crazy selection of fall soaps I saw this year, I'm not the only one who does this!


I hope you've enjoyed looking as much as I enjoyed creating. Thanks for reading. Happy Fall to all. 


P.S. I'm linking up!

It's Fall Y'all (Autumn Link Party)

4 comments:

  1. So beautiful Leah, wanna come over and do mine now? Darla

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE what you did for fall!!! :) Although I'm totally in the Fall mood, I just haven't been motivated to decorate yet... (it didn't help that I used all my energy this week to clean!) I've recently been inspired by burlap and have a few yards of it in my stash, so it's cool to see the stuff you came up with using burlap! I plan to make a ruffled table runner with it... Also your rosette wreath is exactly what I've been planning to make too! So cute! I need to get on the ball here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Everything looks so beautiful, Leah! You must never sleep. I don't know how you find enough time in the day to do all of the things you do (and then blog about it). I must say though, I am happy you do because I get really excited when I see you have posted something new. Am I sad or what? :) When can you come to my house and decorate? I can't wait to see your house at Christmastime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you thank you everyone! It was definitely a project so I think this year one house will be it for me. ;) But I'm so glad you like it. Oh, and Holly, its funny you say that about sleep... I DID make the burlap placemat at about 1:00 a.m. Sometimes its the only quiet time I have. ;)

    ReplyDelete