Thursday, September 22, 2011

Into the Wild Blue Yonder


My Dad had a birthday at the end of August. For his gift my mom, sister, and I all got him a remote control plane. If you have never seen one of these, it is very cool! There have been times when I've seen one flying and for a moment have mistaken it for an actual plane in the distance...that is until it does multiple loops without stopping and I realize what I'm actually looking at. Here is Dad's "Super Cub N3419P."



I think that Landon was more excited than anybody about it. He was bursting to tell but we made him promise to keep it a secret which he did. He practically unwrapped it for Dad, and he couldn't wait to take it up. (As a matter of fact he cried with the news that we couldn't fly it immediately because the battery had to charge.) Dad had his pilot's license and has flown many times, but a remote control plane is quite different, of course. There is a little bit of a learning curve so he has been doing test runs, practicing take-offs and flying. This past weekend he took it up for us!



I kept hearing the Air Force song in my head..."Off we go into the wild blue yonder..." It can climb really high (really quickly!) Landon and Savannah were mesmerized. I would be scared to death to try flying it. Landon, on the other hand would love to fly it himself but it may be a while before he's ready for something like that!


In the meantime we will continue to enjoy watching this little plane take flight and have fun making memories with "Papa" and his new Super Cub as it soars into the blue.


2 comments:

  1. Did your parents move down here? Or have you just been able to see them alot this summer. I've noticed they've been a lot of posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They live here! They moved down about a year after Landon was born actually. Love having them close!

    ReplyDelete