Saturday, September 10, 2011

Fairly Delightful


Its that time of year. The Tennessee Valley fair is here! My kids really enjoy the fair and everything that comes with it. I have to say, I do too. In my old home-town of Lima, Ohio we had a great county fair. Every year my sister and I would wash windows or do whatever extra things we could around the house to save up fair money! As I got older it was a great place for hanging out with friends. To this day, there is just something about the fair that I enjoy. There are so many aspects that I love. The animals for example...


The sheep are one of my favorites because they remind me of my Grandpa Totten. He farmed sheep for much of his life. I often got to help him feed, even bottle feed lambs!




We had fun checking out every single barn with Ju-Ju (my mom.)



And of course there are the games, which my kids really enjoyed this year. You end up paying $10 for two toys that are not exactly top quality, but its the thrill of winning that makes it so much fun I suppose.



As you can see in the picture above, Savannah just does things her own way. She's a mess. Another thing to love about the fair is the food...who doesn't love fair food? I could smell the batter deep frying from the parking lot...and it smelled yummy.


Only the fair vendors could find a way to make veggies UNhealthy. Yes, those are deep fried vegetables and they are one of my favorite fair foods!


Although my kids aren't big riders (wonder where they get that?...oh right...me.) they did try bumper cars. Even just walking down the midway is exciting to me. Its colorful and noisy and just plain fun.  (Notice Savannah looks as if she has something in her mouth in almost every picture...she probably does, its the fair after all!)




Last but not least we finished up our day at the tractor pull. If you've never been to one you're missing something truly cool. I wouldn't peg myself as a tractor-pull-kinda-girl but I do get caught up in it. Loud, souped-up tractors showing off on a muddy field in front of hundreds of cheering fans? Fun! I especially enjoy it because the look on Landon's face as he watches is just so sweet. He doesn't take his eyes off of the field.



When its all said and done you may be left with just a couple of balloons and fair prizes that aren't worth 50 cents, but the little smile on Landon's face at the end of the day says it all for me...


1 comment:

  1. Aww. This is so sweet. I enjoyed reading and looking. :o)

    ReplyDelete