Sunday, September 25, 2011

Whirlwind Weekend


It has been an absolute whirlwind this weekend, but it has been good. Saturday morning my mom, the kids, and I participated in a walk for Volunteer Ministries downtown. I was so disappointed in myself for forgetting to put my battery back in my camera after charging it all night. Oh well....the kids did look cute in their numbers and we enjoyed it. After the walk we headed over to Market Square for the farmers market. Once again I was sick I didn't have my camera. However, I snapped some pictures of my gorgeous and yummy selections. Yellow tomatoes (that I've been eating like candy), some beautiful zinnias, fresh apple cider (delicious!) a very creamy chocolate milk that is one of my favorites from the area farmers markets, and finally my adorable baby white pumpkins which are now in my centerpiece on the kitchen table. I finally completed my fall decorating Saturday evening, I just haven't been home during daylight hours to take photos yet, so that post will come this week.


Today was a fun-filled day as well. After church this morning we headed to Pigeon Forge. Once a year there is a special event for educators and their families and all Ripley's attractions are free! We took full advantage visiting the aquarium, playing putt-putt, exploring a mirror maze, and even checked out the World Records "museum." The kids had a blast and I will post pictures of that later this week as well. (I just had to post the above picture! There were fall props set-up everywhere and I had a good giggle after looking at Savannah posing much like the scarecrow!) Oh, and, my sister and her little girl are visiting all week! Looking forward to spending lots of time with them. For now, this is one tired mom whose pillow is calling...

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you're training Landon right - I see he has a camera in hand as well :) Eli is getting one for his birthday this week!

    ReplyDelete