Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Splish- Splash


Bath-time...a word that brings joy and dread at the same time. Joy because my kids love to splash around in the tub so it is a guaranteed time of smiles and giggles (and possibly the flooding of my bathroom if I try to multi-task.) Dread because my kids hate going to bed and they know bedtime follows baths.


It isn't always smooth - sometimes they don't want to wash their hair. Sometimes they dump cups full of water on each others heads which inevitably results in tears.


Still bath-time is something I want to remember because it is a reminder that my kids are still little and totally dependent on me. Soon it will become distant memory.


Often when we take pictures of our children we dress them up, pose them, and try to get a shot of them looking their best. However, I try to remember to capture the moments that make up our real life day-to-day as well.


These are just some of the moments that inspired me to start this blog in this first place. The moments I don't want to forget. The memories that are, without a doubt, priceless.


2 comments:

  1. I'm going to need to get my hands on one of those lenses soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should! It was a great purchase. :)

    ReplyDelete