Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Rainy Days


It has been raining in Knoxville for the past three days straight. There has been a chill in the air and wind accompanying those bountiful rain drops. I'm so thankful for the rain because we needed it so badly but I have a full house this week. I have my own two little monkeys and I am babysitting two others under age 2. It has been tough being stuck inside without any sunshine. So today, when nap-time came, I escaped for just a few moments. These are just a few snapshots from my quiet get away...


I had to wipe the raindrops off of my chair. I grabbed a cup of coffee and took just a few moments...


...to do nothing.


...to listen to the rain.


...to enjoy feeling the breeze.


...to be alone...well, almost alone.


Until my last drop of coffee was gone and it was time to head back inside and confront my to-do list. For these moments, I enjoyed the gray and drizzly day and my time of solitude. 

2 comments:

  1. i love your blog...your pics..you! Can't wait to see in you in a couple of weeks! (Where did you get that cardigan? LOVE it!) Looks like Sadie enjoys the nap times as well :) I'm babysitting a little boy a year older than Harper and I def love the afternoon nap time. you're super woman w/ 4 children under 2!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so sweet! I'm super excited to see you too. Its been too too long. The cardigan I got at Forever 21 (for $7 on clearance!) It is my new favorite because its SO soft. Said DOES enjoy naptime... Its about the only time she has freedom until bedtime rolls around. And superwoman I am most definitely not, but I think all of us moms have a little superwoman in us. ;) Love you too.

    ReplyDelete