Sunday, September 4, 2011

Gameday


Well, today was the beginning of "football time in Tennessee!" I do love football season. In part because I like to watch the games...and in part because its a great opportunity for me to get out of the house and shop for a few hours...either way, I love it! I have been to quite a few games at Neyland Stadium and love the atmosphere and excitement that comes with it. Today was special because it was Landon's first trip to Neyland for a game. He and his Daddy went and (though they got rained on) had a wonderful time. Savannah and I stayed home for this one, but we still wore out orange.


Its a shame I don't look great in orange...not many people do for that matter, but we wear it proudly just the same. Since Savannah and I were home alone we took a more girly approach to game-day. We painted our toenails (Orange - Of course!)



And we did some baking. We made cupcakes...you guessed it...they were orange. (See? We get into it!)


These were orange poke cake cupcakes (white cake with orange jello poured in) topped with vanilla buttercream icing. We also made a great football snack. Seven-layer Taco Dip. I'll share my variation of it...the great thing about this recipe is that you can customize it to your taste using your favorite taco ingredients. Layer them in a pie pan. I used the following:


1. Refriend Beans. 2. Sour Cream mixed with taco seasoning (to taste.) 3. Fresh salsa. 4. Guacamole (Yum!) 5. Shredded lettuce 6. Shredded cheese. 7. Tomatoes. You could skip any of these layers and replace with olives, onions, taco sauce...you get the idea. Whatever you like.


Now all you need are some tortilla chips (Scoops work the best!) and a good football game. Savannah and I had games on but she isn't much of a sit-down-and-watch kind of girl. Still, we enjoyed our snacks and festivities. Happy game-day to all of my readers. Any favorite foods or traditions? Feel free to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment